August 25, 2008

The Doorbell (Drabble)

(A drabble is a story with exactly 100 words)

The bell rang. Lazily, I got up from my bed. Covering myself with my nightgown, I went to the door and looked through the peephole. It was Jake, my boyfriend. Strange, I never knew he got up so early. Instinctively, my eyes reached for the mirror. Making sure(?) I was presentable, I opened the door.

"Hey! What a surprise! Come in!"

He didn't. Instead, He stared hard at me. Before I could ask him what was wrong, he brought a knife out of his pocket and slashed my throat!

I woke up from the nightmare, sweating profusely.

The bell rang.

1 comment:

Kartz said...

Nice one... Short and succinct.

Check out one of the last comments I have recd on the post on our education system (and my reply to it)... I welcome you to add to the discussion (at my Opera blog, that is).