September 14, 2008

Saroja!!! Saamaan Nikaloooooooo!!!!!


Yesterday I had the chance to go to Saroja, the second VenkatPrabu flick. I have one word for the movie- "Hilariously Wonderfulblogger-emoticon.blogspot.com" *That makes it two words, you idiot!* *It does? Well, I'm not good in maths, and do shut up, you dirty mind voice of mine!*

Ahem... Where was I? Ah the movie! After my pitiable experience with Satyam blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com, I was very cautious with Saroja. I read every piece of review I could get, and only after convincing myself that I'll not be tortured again, did I go to this movie.

I got the tickets(Rs. 50 for II Class!! blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com)easily. A little too easily, so that I began to doubt the reviews. Praying to all the Gods, I went in, and the movie started. The first three songs of the movies were spaced a mere 15 mins apart! The songs were good though, thanks to Yuvan. The movie was hilarious, right from the entrance of Premji, till the screens go blank, after the end card. What I blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com about the movie was the way in which comedy was inserted into even the most serious possible scene. Particularly, Premji has ruled!! There is this one scene: S.P.Charan(another excellent performer) is having a solemn word with the picture of his wife, afraid that he may never see her again and apologising for whatever he may have done. Premji puts a comforting hand on his shoulder and and after a moment asks: "Yar sir indha figure?"! The theatre erupts!

This new style of comedy, very similar to English movies, tried for the first time in Tamil cinema, makes us do what we're supposed to do-blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com
VengatPrabu has some talent! Another interesting thing to mention is that all major artists from Chennai-28 made an appearance in Saroja.

Two of the most important ingredients of Saroja are the BGM and Camera. Yuvan has done a fantastic job with the bgm. I doubt the movie will be such a success without the bgm. The cameraman Shakthi Saravanan has also done an excellent job in making the film look rich. If you plan on seeing the movie on a dvd, make sure you do so on a HD(High Definition) DVD. I couldn't help but get amazed at what this man did with the camera.

If you are awaiting a call letter, preparing to leave TN for the job, or just lazing in the house not knowing what to do, I strongly suggest you to see this movie, but be warned, your ribs are gonna suffer a lot of tickling!

I simply blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com Saroja! Thinking of going again. See you there blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com

12 comments:

Matangi Mawley said...

wow! sounds gr8! :) i m already a big fan of chennai 28! i wish i see it b4 i leave to trivandrum! wish me!

Kartz said...

Hmmm... Sounds interesting! Lets c if i do watch it... U know abt me... So dont be surprised if I end up not watching it..!

By the way, i noticed ur blogroll... Do you wish to contribute to Jagruti? We are looking out for active writers/contributors on various social issues. I can put a word thru... Let me know if you wanna join in.

Kartz said...

You have an award... Go here...

http://kartzonline.blogspot.com/2008/09/award.html

A said...

@mathangi

I purposefully added the line "preparing to leave TN for the job" for you. You'll get the ticket easy enough, don't worry. I wish you all the best:D

A said...

@kartz

I added "just lazing in the house not knowing what to do" for you:P
You're full of surprises! Who knows, you'd be watching the movie and even write a post about it.:)

Me! Active? Contributing? Social Issues? Come on! You know me.. I'm too lazy, and I'm not good at writing serious non fiction. I'll try to write some serious issues in my blog. If I'm satisfied myself, I'll join Jagruthi. Thanks for the offer!!
And btw, Thank you for the award! I don't think I'm worth it, yet, I'll try to live upto it...

Unknown said...

@Mani..looks like u r getting a tad too much pocket money..:)

Good that u r reviewing these movies..at least i can go around flaunting my new found "knowledge" and actually make ppl believe that i am into all this too.
since chennai-28 has been mentioned in ur post i have to add that i am not a true fan of chennai-28..didnt really understand the movie that much(may be its bcos i was watching that movie on the journey back to trichy after our 2nd IV, but still)

the movie was very realistic and kudos to the director for taking an unbeaten path but we do go to the movies hoping to escape from our mundane lives and expect something out of the ordinary...in that aspect che-28 failed miserably..

A said...

@palani

My pocket money? I was angry on behalf of my friend who bought a ticket for me:D

If you don't like Che-28, nothing's stopping you from watching Saroja. No two movies could be this different. The only thing same in both is the unbeaten comedy. And one thing. Even if you fo around flaunting, everyone knows you won't go to such commercial movies:) And if you're looking for something out of ordinary, this is one place you must go! Whoever thought of a comedy right during murders!

Unknown said...

@Mani..

i do go (and watch in general)to commercial movies..what i meant is that i don't really bother bloating my mind with news from the film world and hence this kind of reviews might help...

A said...

@palani

I stand corrected. If my reviews could help, don't forget to pay me, with a treat :D

Matangi Mawley said...

:D the thoughtful u!

Chandrasekharan said...

machi, nice way of putting symbols....

thanks for the review...

I wish to watch the movie at theatre, but it costs me 10$ (thats is about 450 rupees) :(

and bdw I read one of ur stories da... wll read evrythin and getback to u...

A said...

@chandru

Thanks da.. unakku 10$ jujubee thanada.. pinna yen feel panra...

Which of the stories you read da?
I suggest you read I am Azon, the one I consider my best. I'm even thinking of writing a sequel to it. Thanks for reading da..
Welcome to my blog!!