August 20, 2008

I am wrong, fortunately!!!

I am happy to announce that I am proved wrong regarding the performance of India in olympics. Indian wrestler Sushil Kumar wins the second medal for India. He beat Kazakhstan's Leonid Spiridonov in the men's freestyle wrestling 66kg class in Beijing to clinch the bronze medal.
Though I did not see this match, I did see the boxing match between Jitender Kumar vs Georgy Balakshin. Jitendar lost 11-15 in this well fought match. I was sitting at the edge of the chair watching a boxing game for the first time.
I understand one thing from this. Though one may say that India under performs in Olympics, most of the players give their ultimate for the match they play and one cannot help supporting them during the match and feeling for them if they lose the match. This is very much like cricket, only less, i mean very less, publicised. May be that's the reason they don't perform well. May be we are the reason they're not performing well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes u r correct. I too have felt the same way. Each Indian givin one rupee vl make India very rich due to our population :P But the money is accumulated in certain areas only. So we should take some steps to ensure that the players get adequate funding in order to create a successful team.

Kartz said...

Dude... Remember one of our HR classes? Whence I said its high time we focus on other sports? India is still waiting... Cricket (however good/bad we are at it) has to take a backseat sometime... Ah well, I guess it's like looking up towards the sky for a windfall...