March 24, 2012

Living in a Digital Dark Age...

It was like living the climax of 'Captain America'. I woke up one day to find out that a the river of life had already flown forward, rolling a few important pebbles on its course, all this while I was stranded out unawares on the Isle of Ignorance without a newspaper.


The newspaper delivery team here 'malfunctioned', meaning took an indefinite leave. Thus, since over a week, I have been living in a Digital Dark Age, with no comprehension of current affairs that were important enough to grab chunks of first page real estate.

After weeks of not having seen any attractive headlines, I was not too excited when I asked my father over phone what happened over the past week. Imagine my shock when he threw out shell after shell of breaking news, accompanied with a dirty contemptuous look aimed at my ignorance.

The much touted 'Sankaran Koil elections' were over, with a landslide victory for 'Amma'...

The fiercely debated KKNPP had let out its first breath long held back...

Wartime atrocities by Srilankan army had been 'discovered' with the help of mind-boggling video footages...

India had voted against Srilanka in the UN resolution...


I felt dizzy, and felt like I had travelled through time to some distant future.

The paper guys are still missing, dragging out my excile into Darkness. However, this time, I'm ready. Armed with the omniscient Google at my disposal, here I start my battle against the Newspaper-men, in a quest for Eternal Knowledge. Lets see who gets Round 2...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Captain America oru mokka padam. Adha okaandhu paathurka! Unna ellam enna solradhu ;)